Sunday, May 21, 2006

"With All My Might"

Sunday morning (May 21) C-Span had an interview with the very liberal ( as far as I'm concerned) Wally Marshall. He was there talking up his new book " With All My Might". This is a progressive strategy for the democratic takeover of congress, talking points, etc. It actually seemed to be a collection of articles put together in book form.

But anyway, one of the "stories" was about how the BENEFITS of winning the "Cold War" were squandered after "WE" won the "Cold War". I'm getting older now, and I may be a little fuzzy on this point, but didn't the "democrats and the whole world" declare that Ronald Reagan completely blew it, and we would be going to start World War 3 because of U.S. intransigence on SDI (Star Wars)?

For some reason I've got it in my head that democrats and the whole rest of the world fought Pres. Reagan (and told him how stupid he was)on our military build-up every step of the way, that is until the Berlin Wall came a tumbling down and the "Soviet Union" de-unionized.

"WE" might have squandered the "benes", but "WE" didn't win the "Cold War".

President Ronald Reagan did!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home